Eminent Member
Topic starter

URL to your eFiction: http://www.plumedargent.com/fiction.php
Your version of eFiction: 3.2.1
Latest patch: no
Mods: ?
Version of PHP: 4.1.21
Version of MySQL: 4.1.10
Problem: Yes and I found something of similar but not completely the same thing.

When I wanted to make the update, I received this message:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
[glow=red,2,300]Error: (1050) Table 'fanfiction_authorfields' already exists[/glow]

Contrary to the problem of Saya, it is the last line which changes.

I do not know if that can cause a problem, but I changed the name of the file "index.php" for "fiction.php".

I really need you help.

Thank you in advance,

Honey πŸ™‚

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:02 am
(@chelle)
Estimable Member

Well, you're getting the error because that table already exists.  But I don't know why the update is trying to create that table for you. I'm under the impression that it should only be doing that for installs upgrading from a 2+ version to the 3.0 or higher version.  And since your install is at 3.2.1...you shouldn't have that issue. 

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:29 am
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It's so bizare... This is my first update... I am confused. My site is apparent, but it is broken. When I go on my site, I am able to connect myself with my pseudo, and the script run the installation. After I received this message :

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Error: (1050) Table 'fanfiction_authorfields' already exists

Also, when a user connects himself, he can run the installation. Simply user... Oh my God. Maybe i need to re-install the old version ? Do you think i can ?

Honey  πŸ˜•

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:56 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

What did you upgrade from? What version?

Did you have any mods, changes to t he script?

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

url: https://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction
php: 7.4.33 msql: 5.6.51-community GPL
efic version: 3.5.5 latest patches: yes
bridges: none mods: challenges, tracker, story end, beta, word

Posted : 09/07/2007 3:02 am
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello,

I tried to pass from version 3.2 has 3.3 .

For the modifications makes with script I changed the name of the file index for fiction. Also, I translated the language, change the skin and change de redirect page in user/logout for fiction because I change the index name. That all.

If I try to return to the old version, do you think that it is possible?

Thank you for your help... πŸ™‚

Posted : 09/07/2007 11:13 am
(@chelle)
Estimable Member

If you have a backup of your old files and a copy of the database -before- you tried the upgrade, you should be able to go back to 3.2 version of your site. Since you're having trouble upgrading, one thing you could do is create a test site using a copy of your 3.2 site files and the DB before you upgraded. 

If you want to make a test site, do this:

Create a new DB, call it something different than the one you're using for your Efic right now [prolly use test in the name somewhere].  Make a copy of the files for your active site, these will now be your test site files. You can either edit config.php and put in the DB info so it connects to the new test DB you created or you can not upload a config.php and when you run the upgrade, the script will ask you for that information.  Upload the copy you made of your live site files to your test site.  Upload the copy of the DB into the test DB [using phpMyAdmin].  Point your browser to your site and try to perform the upgrade.  This way, when you're getting help with any issue, it's a test site and you won't hurt anything trying to sort out the upgrade.

Might want to try this before you do that: One thing I've read is that sites that are translated, it's suggested you run the upgrade in English.  Try that change the skin to one of the defaults that come with Efiction [like CSS Zen] just so you can verify everything's working.  If that doesn't seem to work, you might have to undo the modifications you made in regards to renaming index.php in your root directory to fiction.php and try to upgrade from there.

Posted : 09/07/2007 11:41 am
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Good news! I recovered my site. But, I lost the statistics of the section "Site info". For example: Newest member, reviewers, total of members...

To understand what I want to say, you can go to this address: http://www.plumedargent.com/fiction.php

Someone could tell me where can I go in my admin panel to recalculate this informations ?

Thank you  πŸ˜†

Posted : 09/07/2007 12:46 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Admin-> Archive  Maintenance

Posted : 09/07/2007 12:54 pm
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I try, but I did not have any result. Another idea?  πŸ˜•

Thank again,

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:21 pm
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Copy the site key info from the database table fanfiction_settings. Paste it into the database table fanfiction_stats for the sitekey.

Posted : 09/07/2007 4:31 pm
(@chelle)
Estimable Member

If what Jan suggested doesn't do the trick, check your block settings to make sure they didn't switch when you brought your site back.  I know sometimes with Site Info not displaying, it's a conflict with either what's in variables.php versus the block settings in the Admin>Blocks and option for your Site Info block.  Or it could be that you have to switch what's there now when you look under options, example: from default to use tpl or vice versa.

Posted : 10/07/2007 8:07 am
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oh my God,your explanations sounds like chiness for me, Chelle.

I tested the trick of Jan_Q and the keys are identical. It is not the problem.

I have look in the file variable.php and the name of the variable is identical to the name of the block in question. In the option for my block Site info, i have three different option to display the info. Chart, Narative, variables. I tested the three and I did not have any result. If i check in my database, table fanfiction_stats i can see the info. Number of stories, series, number of members... But i can't show them in the site info.

Chelle --> [glow=red,2,300]Or it could be that you have to switch what's there now when you look under options, example: from default to use tpl or vice versa.[/glow]  What do you mean ? I am really sorry to make you work as much.

Thanks everybody for your help

Posted : 10/07/2007 3:11 pm
(@chelle)
Estimable Member

No worries, Honey.  Actually you did what I was suggesting..changing the options and see if any of those work.  Sorry to confuse you I was thinking of options for a different block when I said default or use tpl. 

What do you have in variables.php for your site info block?

Posted : 10/07/2007 4:04 pm
(@honey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This is what I have in variables.php .

<?php
$blocks["categories"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["featured"]["status"] =  '0';
$blocks["info"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["menu"]["status"] = '1';
$blocks["menu"]["content"] = array (
  0 => 'home',
  1 => 'recent',
  2 => 'authors',
  3 => 'catslink',
  4 => 'titles',
  5 => 'series',
  6 => 'search',
  7 => 'tens',
  8 => 'challenges',
  9 => 'help',
  10 => 'contactus',
  11 => 'login',
  12 => 'logout',
  13 => 'adminarea');
$blocks["menu"]["style"] = 1;
$blocks["login"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["random"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["recent"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks['recent']['tpl'] = 0;
$blocks["skinchange"]["status"] = '1';
$blocks["news"]["status"] = 2;
?>

But on my site, they do not appear in the same order. For example they appear in this order :

categories 
featured 
login 
menu 
news 
poll
info 
random 
recent 
search
shoutbox 
skinchange

Do you think that it could be the problem?

Thanks again for your help,

Posted : 10/07/2007 6:11 pm
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

No, the order wouldn't be anything.

This was what we were loooking for:

$blocks["info"]["status"] = 2;

What does your index.tpl say in the info area of the skin?

Hmmm, try replacing the line above with this:

$blocks['info']['status'] = 2;
$blocks['info']['style'] = 0;

Make sure you are using {info_content} on the index.tpl

Posted : 10/07/2007 8:35 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: