Clear all

Add Author as Favourite

16 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The bug reported for 3.4.3. in this post ( https://efiction.org/forums/index.php?topic=6383.0) still persists for me in 3.5.1. I upgraded specifically in the hope of getting rid of this problem, so it was the first thing I tested after the upgrade. Sadly, I'm still getting a SQL error when I try adding a favourite author - both from the profile and from the story page.

Here's my site info again:

URL to your eFiction: http://www.naiceanilme.com
Version of eFiction: 3.5.1.
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?:no
Version of PHP: 5.2.10
Version of MySQL: 5.0.83
Have you searched for your problem: yes

Posted : 30/11/2009 8:01 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Do you have a test account? That's something that I'd have to be logged in to test.

Posted : 01/12/2009 12:09 am
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Did you check that all the files got uploaded correctly?  Jan reported that it was working fine for her.  Often times when it's still broken for you and not for others its because the dang FTP program didn't get the files replaced correctly.  This is even more true if you were using a file upload utility from your host's control panel.

Posted : 01/12/2009 1:11 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

I just tested it again to make sure and yes, it is working for me. 🙂

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

url: https://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction
php: 7.4.33 msql: 5.6.51-community GPL
efic version: 3.5.5 latest patches: yes
bridges: none mods: challenges, tracker, story end, beta, word

Posted : 01/12/2009 1:23 am
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Mhm. I reuploaded the files (I think the folder "user" is the culprit here - I checked, it says uploaded on 12/1) and no change:(

My test account is here:
Login: mustermann
Password: testaccount

Posted : 01/12/2009 9:04 am
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Delete the folder then upload the new files.

Posted : 01/12/2009 10:55 am
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Nope, no change:(

Posted : 01/12/2009 9:34 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

This is not the same issue as the origubak one reported in 3.4.3. That was a mismatch in the URL.  You have something wrong with your database.  I suspect you're missing the indexes for the favorites table.

Posted : 02/12/2009 12:30 pm
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Mhm, I don't get it. I compared the database structure to the database of my old test install, where the feature works. I don't see a difference. But it must be there somewhere.

I'll try exchanging the tables and saving the data and see where that gets me.

Okay, this is not helping. Can someone take a look at the database structure? I'm totally stuck. Here is the download, I hope I took all the personalized data out *ahem*.

http://teitho.waking-vision.com/fav.sql

Posted : 04/12/2009 7:20 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

looks right to me.  The only thing I can think of is that your mysql version doesn't support the "ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE" syntax, but you say you're using version 5 so I don't see how that could be the case either.

Posted : 05/12/2009 1:02 am
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Mhm, but the error message says something about duplicate key. Wait, here it is:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: INSERT INTO ***_favorites(uid, item, type, comments) VALUES ('1', '185', 'AU', '') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE comments = ''
Error: (1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE comments = ''' at line 1

What can I do about that? Because, as I said, it's working on my test install and all this stuff belongs to the same hosting package *scratches head*.

Posted : 05/12/2009 9:32 am
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

No it doesn't say you have a duplicate key.  It says you have a syntax error near the words "ON DUPLICATE KEY" which to me indicates your mysql version isn't what you think it is or there's something wrong that it's not recognizing the "ON DUPLICATE KEY" command.

Posted : 05/12/2009 6:43 pm
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Long time... I have pretty much given up on this, but I just wanted to add that you were right. My MySQL version truly isn't what I thought it was. It's 4.0.25. I've been looking in the wrong spot for that info *shrugs*.

Posted : 15/02/2010 11:34 am
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Then it looks like it's your version on MySQL that's causing the issue. If this message is like this:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: INSERT INTO ***_favorites(uid, item, type, comments) VALUES ('1', '168', 'AU', '') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE comments = ''
Error: (1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE comments = ''' at line 1

The MySQL documentation says that VALUES() wasn't added until 4.1.1. ( http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/miscellaneous-functions.html, just before the user comments section.) I'm not really sure how to rewrite that, though.

Posted : 15/02/2010 11:59 am
(@michelle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I've mailed my hosting provider about it (also, because I wanted to install Drupal and couldn't because the script needs 4.1). I'll see what will come of it. In their FAQ they're talking about changing the MySQL version, but they fail to address the question exactly *how* you change from one version to the next.

Okay, since the support there is amazingly fast, I already have an answer. They could move my whole account to a server with MySQL5. Now, I must admit I'm always a bit shy to change an (almost) running system. Does anyone know whether the move might mean trouble for the eFiction script?

Posted : 15/02/2010 12:07 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: