• November 17, 2018, 06:02:44 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: It's been a while since we started working on eFiction 5, there's been a lot of starting from scratch and half-scratch, but things are moving on.
Now we need you: please visit the eFicition 5 section of the forum and raise your voice, shape the new face of your favourite fanfiction management software.

Author Topic: Weird little bug  (Read 2641 times)

Susan

Weird little bug
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:39:36 am »
I've been using eFiction for over a year without any major problems until recently. When I first installed the script, I had it set so that I would have to approve outside submissions, but I never received e-mails notifying me when new stories had been submitted. A month or two after launching the site, I switched it over to automatically validate new submissions.

Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago, when I received an e-mail to alert me of a new story in the validation queue, which obviously shouldn't be happening. When I checked the story, all of the header information was there (rating, summary, etc.), but the actual story text field was blank. The stories reside on my server rather than the database, and it appears a folder for this author (this was her first submission) wasn't even created.

Another member who registered months ago attempted to add her first story today, and the same thing happened: it went to the validation queue, and all of the header information is in the database, but there is no story text file.

I tried registering a new account as a non-admin member myself and adding a story, and it showed up automatically as it was supposed to, complete with the story text.

I haven't changed a thing since this started. Any idea what could suddenly be causing the problem?

Jan_AQ

• Veteran
Re: Weird little bug
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:20:43 am »
Check and see if her story file is chmoded correctly to 666.
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

Tammy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Hugos Nebula
Re: Weird little bug
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:49:48 am »
Ask your host if they turned safe_mode on or changed any settings that would prevent your scripts from creating/editing folders and files.

anything
anything