Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Errors in new installation of efiction 3.5.5

ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

I tried to install eFiction 3.5.5 on my localhost, what threw errors.
Now I tried to install it onto my website-host, but again ... errors. Different than with the local installation but anyway errors and I can't finish the installation.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; TemplatePowerParser has a deprecated constructor in /home/u997666257/public_html/efic/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 38

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; TemplatePower has a deprecated constructor in /home/u997666257/public_html/efic/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 451

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/u997666257/public_html/efic/install/install.php:903 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/u997666257/public_html/efic/install/install.php on line 903

What do I do wrong?

KS-Shipping-Community
Get your Arsch out of the couch." Gayle Tufts

Topic starter Posted : 24/09/2016 6:08 pm
muhkuh
(@muhkuh)
Eminent Member

The first two lines are warnings about future changes on PHP, you can actually ignore these for now though it might become a problem once PHP is being updated on the server.

The third line though shows off a real problem for now.
Are you sure MySQL is enabled with your webhosting package?
You can check with the folowing code if MySQL is enabled at all.

Simply save the following inside a PHP file like "phpinfo.php" and reach it via your favorite browser:

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2016 12:13 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

The first two have been fixed in an updated template class.
The third I just fixed.

Download the latest eFiction 3 from here: https://github.com/eFiction/v3_stable

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2016 2:22 pm
ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

Thank you, I will try it immediately.
I let you know if it helped.

KS-Shipping-Community

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2016 4:22 pm
dd92771
(@dd92771)

This is appearing again  Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; TemplatePower has a deprecated constructor

I just moved my site back to my old host, even though I hate their pricing they are much easier to work with than Nexcess.  When I moved it, that is what I got

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2017 1:14 am
marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

Currently getting this updated the file with the current V# stable version but nothing changed.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; TemplatePower has a deprecated constructor in /fiction/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 387

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2019 4:35 pm
ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

I got it to work.
But I have some new errors now. See attached. These errors come only on the main page. If I go to a story or settings, it's fine.
I have PHP 5.6.40. Should actually work, since on my webspace there was 5.6.40 as well and it worked fine.
Any idea?

KS-Shipping-Community

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2019 11:20 pm
Share: