login
• April 28, 2017, 06:14:14 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Posting problems?
If for some reasons you can not create your own topics, please see the problem thread in the "Site news & updates" board.

Author Topic: [MODULE] ePubVersion  (Read 27043 times)

Sheepcontrol

• Administrator
  • Veteran
Re: [MODULE] ePubVersion
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2017, 09:21:23 AM »
ePub files can be corrupt when users use tags and don't close them properly.
Code: [Select]
<b><i>Whatever</b></i>Closed in the wrong order, this will crash some readers.

Special characters, only turskish or anything non-ANSI like ?
I speak the worlds most widely used language: bad english

enlightenight

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
We have tinymce so tags aren't a problem. All Turkish characters ğış are absent.

Ladama

• MoreThanThat
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
so today i installed this mod to our website. it's all fine, even though we had to hack our way in the database to change NONE setting to PURE, but it works nonetheless. now, two problems:

> some stories (not all of them) return a corrupt epub file.
> turkish characters don't exist at all. i tried the basic things from changing character settings to iso-8xxx-9 for turkish, to change the language from story settings etc. any suggestions?

Through lots of trial and error, what I've found is the Epub version seems to return invalid epubs when there is an ampersand(&) or any accented letter in the story title OR any of the chapter titles. I tried adding the code for ampersand to what appears to be an "allowed characters" section in the epubversion.php (I think) but no change. As far as I can tell, it's only when those characters appear in the Story and Chapter titles that is causes trouble, not in the rest of the story text.

It's an extra step but so far the program Calibre has been able to open all epub files I've downloaded from our archive even when iBooks or other apps won't. In Calibre it will let you convert the file to whatever, even "back" to an epub files, which will then open in the various eReader programs. If you're only having trouble with some stories, converting with Calibre may be an okay workaround? http://calibre-ebook.com/

anything